Posted to alt.home.repair
Charles Charles is offline

Default today's problem: pool filter leaking

"dkhedmo" wrote in message
et...
OK, so the pool is now full of what may or may nor be softened water.
(New to us house, first time pool owners, pool more than 3 and less than
10 yrs old.) When the water level got high enough to start entering the
skimmer, the cartridge filter started leaking from where the top and
bottom meet. When the water was high enough to turn on the pump, I did so
just to see what would happen and water gushed out from the filter in
every direction possible. So I turned it all off.

I put a call in to the pool company that opened the pool for me, but I
haven't heard back from them yet. I paid them a lot of money to open the
pool, which isn't really as ready to go as I expected it to be, and they
haven't returned a call from yesterday afternoon, so I'm getting a little
frustrated with them.

If they charged you a lot, then let them take care of it.