Posted to alt.home.repair
dpb dpb is offline

Default generac 5KW generator stator assembly removal - how?

Oliver Hardy wrote:
I am replacing the 10hp engine on my 5kw generac PWR+5 series
generator since it's blowing oil. I am trying to remove the stator
assembly from the tapered engine shaft. I know it has to be pressed
off somehow but is the inside of the stator assembly shaft threaded
(it doesn't seem to be) and if it is, what size bolt is required. If
this is not the way to do it, can anyone advise me of the proper
procedure.

No clue but I'd look at a parts diagram and see what it looks like if it
wasn't obvious. I'm assuming there is an exploded parts diagram either
w/ the unit itself or online...