Posted to alt.home.repair
Oren Oren is offline

Default Whole Hog Pigroast..?

On Fri, 22 Jun 2007 03:00:42 GMT, "Edwin Pawlowski"
wrote:

"aemeijers" wrote in message
Well.... At the risk of sounding like a killjoy, don't forget the
liability and health department issues, especially if people are paying to
eat. Almost every town I have lived in has 2 or 3 good ol' boys who do pig
roasting on the side, on site at your event. And they have the proper
equipment and experience, and that little sticker on the roaster for
whoever the local inspection authority is. A lot of them also do a good
schtick while they cook for the customers. Think of it as hiring a chef
for the party- a hillbilly Beny Hanna (sp?) as it were.

aem sends...

If I needed an inspection authority; forget the pig, hot dogs would be
served on the road side by scantly/bikini clad employees.

But we don't know that this is a commercial venture. That is a different set
of rules.

Just three guys from FL, GA and LA (in Las Vegas of all places)
cooking on the 4th G.

Having been involved with many a hog, goat, etc cooked whole, it is not some
mystical venture if you have some basic equipment and a little common sense.
This is only a 40 pounder the OP is doing.

Very likely with plenty of left-over's :-))

--
Oren