Posted to sci.electronics.repair
ll ll is offline

Default reading schematic - power source

On Jun 22, 1:37 pm, "Dave Plowman (News)"
wrote:
In article .com,
ll wrote:

I have a schematic showing connections from a transformer to a circuit
board. Each connection reads: "12.6VAC" followed by the connection id
(in this case "TP7" and TP8"). My question is: would the transformer
in this situation be called a 12.6VAC transformer, or would these
voltage markings on the schematic indicate the voltage for each
lead?
This came up recently when I was looking for a replacement trans
online, and the transformer, rated at 12.6VAC had markings on its
underside that said "6.3V, 0V, 6.3V".

If the transformer is centre tapped and that connected I'd expect it to be
12.6v per winding. Usually to provide a symmetrical power supply.

It's common these days to have two separate windings on replacement type
or general purpose transformers. That gives the maximum flexibility of
connection.

--
Small asylum seeker wanted as mud flap, must be flexible and willing to travel

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.

Thanks Dave,
Do you think that the transformer with the markings may have indeed
been a 6.3V one?