Posted to sci.electronics.repair
ll ll is offline

Default reading schematic - power source

I have a schematic showing connections from a transformer to a circuit
board. Each connection reads: "12.6VAC" followed by the connection id
(in this case "TP7" and TP8"). My question is: would the transformer
in this situation be called a 12.6VAC transformer, or would these
voltage markings on the schematic indicate the voltage for each
lead?

This came up recently when I was looking for a replacement trans
online, and the transformer, rated at 12.6VAC had markings on its
underside that said "6.3V, 0V, 6.3V".

Thanks for any leads,
Louis