Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default NiCad Battery Question

In article ,
me wrote:
I've never understood this long charge with new batteries. Ages ago I
bought a PPPro cordless drill with a crude fast charger (4 hours) which
reckoned you doubled that for the first one before using. Which I'd say
would fry them, as they arrived with near a full charge anyway by the
lights on the side of the battery.

Some batteries are not shipped formed (charged).

I've yet to come across a power tool recently supplied with totally
uncharged batteries. It may have been the case once.

The solar lights are NOT fast chargers...

Didn't say they were. Just expanding a point which was brought up.

--
*I am a nobody, and nobody is perfect; therefore I am perfect*

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.