Posted to sci.electronics.repair
J. T. Laurie J. T. Laurie is offline

Default a question

ah. any tips for doing it with your eyes closed? I'm blind.
"JW" wrote in message
On Thu, 21 Jun 2007 11:21:00 -0500 "J. T. Laurie"
wrote in Message id:
:

All right. I will preface this by giving a little background, as I was
called on the carpet for not doing before.
I would like to make a device called an onomatograph. What you do is
disassemble an old television and remove the horizontal deflection coil.

No need to do that. I've done this with a TV set by disconnecting the yoke
from the chassis, and hooking one channel of a stereo to the horizontal
yoke and the other channel to the vertical. Remove any passive components
on the yoke. Whether or not this could be bad for your amplifier is
another story, but it didn't seem to harm my old Kenwood amp...