Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Shop Expletives When Kids Are In The Shop

At work, one fellow fresh off the (government) boat was repeatedly warned to clean up his language.

Since, in the business I'm in, 'repeatedly' is about one and a half times before dismissal, and he's a fairly bright lad, he began substituting 'stinking' when needed.

Now, this isn't your everyday 'stinking'. When pronounced slowly and deliberately and with proper stress as 'steeenkin', it soon leaves no doubt as to the gravity of the situation. I've even taken to using it myself, at times.

Example: "Close the steeenkin door! I don't want some steeenkin mosquito landing in the steeenkin varnish!."