Posted to rec.woodworking
Charlie Self Charlie Self is offline

Default When do you need a bottom stretcher

On Jun 21, 10:20?pm, Lew Hodgett wrote:
B A R R Y wrote:

This was one of the first threads I read after flying to Provincetown,
MA, today.

Once took a vacation to Cape Cod.

While there, walked up the stone tower at Provincetown.

After climbing to the top, much to my surprise, there stood a college
classmate and his wife, also a classmate, I hadn't seen graduation.

After graduation, they had moved to New England while I had stayed in
Cleveland.

They were moving to Virgina the following week and this was their last
visit before moving.

Said "Hello" and "Good Luck" almost in the same breath, almost like
two ships passing in the night.

That was 1969 and have never seen them again.

Lew

Hang in there. The web does wondrous things. Last month, I got a note
from a guy I went to high school with. He's out in Santa Barbara now,
a goodly distance from Cross River, NY, but had to come to Tennesee
for a sailplane meet and drove on here for a night. We hadn't seen
each other in, according to him, 38 years.

Now, we correspond occasionally. He was the wild one of the area, and
I was a willing follower, except that he went into AMF road racing and
other types of motorcycle racing quite heavily, while I went in the
Marines. I think he'd still race: he went back to it some years ago,
just before he turned 60. It wasn't the age number that stopped him
this time. It wazs the fact that he really, really doesn't like being
a back marker, and he could not pick his speed up near where it needed
to be to run with the big dogs.

You've still got a year's grace!