Posted to uk.d-i-y
Andy Hall Andy Hall is offline

Default Router door hindge recess?

On 2007-06-22 14:24:49 +0100, "George" said:

"Andy Hall" wrote in message

You can also get commercial jigs with inserts for different standard
hinge sizes.

I had a go with one of these once

http://www.rockler.com/product.cfm?p...er=hinge%20jig

although didn't buy it . It did work quite well though and was quick
to set up. especially if one wanted to repeat on several doors.

I think that there is some value in these jigs for people who have
difficulty using a chisel, although I think that the set up time might
be better invested practicing cutting hinge recesses in scrap material.

Hmm! how does one clamp that jig to the door side on?

Normally some kind of simple L shaped jig.