Posted to uk.d-i-y
Thomarse Thomarse is offline

Default Strange ho****er problem

On Jun 22, 9:35 am, ":Jerry:" wrote:
"Thomarse" wrote in message

ups.com...

On Jun 21, 3:29 pm, ":Jerry:" wrote:
"Thomarse" wrote in message

groups.com...
snip

I do most jobs myslef around the house, including car repairs
etc,
but
that it needs explaining to somebody as small minded and up his
own
backside as you!....

snipped even more excusses

Sorry? I'm not the plank who drained my boiler ofwaterand then
fired
it up - stop digging, Thom Arse...

At what point did I say I drained all the water from my boiler?

"I drained my heating system last night so that I could move a
radiator
from one wall to another and to add some thermostatic valves to some
rads in the house. [cont']..."

Tell me, just how long before the water, that would have remained in
the boilers water jacket, started to turn to steam with no
circulation? As I said, stop digging Thom Arse...- Hide quoted text -

Im not digging... Im asking a questin as I dont understand, which is
what the definition of a discussion forum is!

Excuse em for being "thick".. leaving aside my qualifications and
professional reputation... I know now that I cant have the hot water
on with teh rads drained,, but in my thick little mind I still dont
understand why.. Maybe if you explained it to me in plain english and
used their knowledge to help me understand that my ignornace would be
cured!

My explanation or thought process is this... I drained teh water drom
my radiators.. using the bleed valve on the one downstairs in my
kitchen.. As far as I was concerned the heating water was a clsoed
system, being pumped around, and the reheated in the boiler as the
Coil (heat exchenge, whatever) passed through the hot water in the
boiler... the water from the hot water tap isnt the same as the rad
water as rad water contains fernox?...

So.. when I drained my rads... in my feeble little mind... water woudl
still be present in the boiler.. which would then heat as usual (on
hot water only) and rise to the tank.. where I coudl then turn on my
tap and use it... WHY (if you can spare the time to explain to me)
should the pump be running when I only have hot water on... and WHY
then if teh pum has to run,, can I get ho****er by using my imersion
heater...

I am eiteh rlooking at it too simplistically, or missing something
along the line (not a brain cell).....which is why I posted here in
the first place.. to get advice...

is my thinking not logical? It may be wrong, but it is logical?

Maybe you coudl use soem of your super intelligence to explain it to
me clearly Jerry? or am I over estimating your abilities here? after
all knowledge that cant be shared is wasted knowledge in my book