Posted to alt.home.repair
mm mm is offline

Default Unusual event

On Fri, 22 Jun 2007 03:28:40 GMT, William Underhill
wrote:

I ddin't undderstand the story about the electrician, but drilling
without seeing where the drill will come out sounds, I don't know,
risky?

I've seen it happen myself - putting in the mounts for a new TV in the
C&POs mess; the shipwright doing the mounting measured twice and for
safety's sake put a block of 2x4 between the wireway and the bulkhead -
but the block shifted and the drill went as neatly as you please into
the lighting circuit for that WT compartment. No lightshow, just the
lights went out.

Phew, I thought you were going to tell me the ship sank!

We razzed him about it for weeks afterwards...