Posted to alt.home.repair
William Underhill William Underhill is offline

Default Unusual event

mm wrote:
On Thu, 21 Jun 2007 08:56:03 -0500, "HeyBub"
wrote:

It seemed to me that had he hit the 240V line, sparks (or something)
would fly. None of that happened. But, if he had nicked both 240V
lines, would that explain the power loss (which is not total)?

Not if he cut the neutral or ground.

Open up the hole and see what he did.

I agree. Instead of all this theory, he should look where changes
were made.

I ddin't undderstand the story about the electrician, but drilling
without seeing where the drill will come out sounds, I don't know,
risky?

I've seen it happen myself - putting in the mounts for a new TV in the
C&POs mess; the shipwright doing the mounting measured twice and for
safety's sake put a block of 2x4 between the wireway and the bulkhead -
but the block shifted and the drill went as neatly as you please into
the lighting circuit for that WT compartment. No lightshow, just the
lights went out.

We razzed him about it for weeks afterwards...

--
"Take sides! Always take sides! You may sometimes be wrong - but the man
who refuses to take sides must *always* be wrong! Heaven save us from