Posted to rec.woodworking
Tim Daneliuk Tim Daneliuk is offline

Default ee's please reply - (or those who think think they may know)

Tom Watson wrote:
I've had a bit of time to refine my understanding of the real world
problem that engendered this inquiry.

We are trying to run a carrier in a trough that is 1/2" wide by 3/4"
deep. This carrier will feed five LED arrays that are composed of 54
Watts each.

The maximum length of the run is 100 feet.

I was worried that the wire would have to be of such a size that it
would not fit, and, more importantly, the connectors would not fit, in
the available volume.

It seems to be the case that I need not have worried.

BTW - my apologies for the apparent disparagement of engineers in my
post. I was actually responding to one person, but tarred the
profession with the same brush.

I have the greatest respect for engineers and deal with them on a more
or less daily basis.

That one guy ****ed me off and I shot back at him. My apologies to
those who were caught in the crossfire.

Regards,

Tom Watson

S'OK Tom - we engineers are not only rather creative - we're a forgiving
lot

Tim Daneliuk
PGP Key:
http://www.tundraware.com/PGP/