Posted to uk.d-i-y
Peter Ashby Peter Ashby is offline

Default Router door hindge recess?

normanwisdom wrote:

On 21 Jun, 21:18, John Rumm wrote:
Stuart Noble wrote:
Peter Ashby wrote:
Andy Hall wrote:

On 2007-06-21 12:28:31 +0100, "Vass" said:

Can you use a router to make the recess for door hindges on the door
and
frame?
plus the door catch recess's
any links to jigs or methods
TIA
Yes.

Trend among others manufacture a jig

And our local B&Q warehouse stocks them. If you balk at the prices, a
piece of harboard, a saw and guide collar for the router (also at the
above B&Q) and you can make your own. Mind you for all that cost, time
and effort you could have done it with a chisel.

Peter

Pity you can't get hinges with rounded corners. Maybe you can these days

You can get a corner chisel :

http://www.axminster.co.uk/product.a...=corner+chisel...

--

Corner chisel is just another completely unnecessary bit of kit which
the likes of Axminster and co hope to sell to gullible amateurs -

Agreed, if people knew how to use a chisel they wouldn't need a thing
like that.

Peter

www.the-brights.net