Posted to alt.home.repair
Don Klipstein Don Klipstein is offline

Default Rambling about CFL's and American Manufacturing

In , wrote:
"HeyBub" wrote:

We should do what we do best and let
other countries do what they do best.

so what DO we do bets in the US now days?

1. Probably "war on drugs" rather than have either of two other options:

a) Have drug laws like USA had in 1900, when cocaine, marijuana and
opiates were legal.
b) Have drug laws like what, according to my highschool German teacher
said in 1978, Germany had then: Get caught with half a joint, spend 2
years in the joint.

2. Bloated healthcare costs.

3. Bloated legal system, legal costs and insurance costs.

4. Spend trillions on overseas military adventures.

5. Pork government spending of many kinds.

6, 7, 8, 9...

I think manufactured goods made in countries with less of this will cost
less.

- Don Klipstein )