Posted to alt.home.repair,misc.consumers.house
Rick Blaine Rick Blaine is offline

Default Well Question

dpb wrote:

"...given that there is a single boost[er] pump supplying both lines and
the fitting on the pump is smaller than the larger line."

If I interpret this correctly, the system still has a single-point choke
point. Downstream of that increasing the line size or number of lines
can't help w/ what is an upstream restriction. Am I wrong?

Right... That's what I was trying to say. The fitting on the booster pump looks
to be around 1 inch, maybe 1.5". It goes through an adapter to a pipe that acts
like a manifold with the 1.5" and 2" lines tapped off. So my assumption is that
as long as the pump can provide the pressure over the rise and distance and
supply the demand, it doesn't make any difference if they are tied together and
then split at the midpoint or run as separate lines.

The tank at the service end resolves the problem in that manner as long
as the total demand isn't greater than the tank capacity. Only place
that should be a problem would be perhaps in the event of the sprinklers
being in play, I would think.

Yep. I need to check the rating on the boost pump...

--
"Tell me what I should do, Annie."
"Stay. Here. Forever." - Life On Mars