Posted to alt.home.repair
Frank Frank is offline

Default Chimney too close to roof

On Jun 21, 3:49 pm, wrote:
The chimney to our wood-burning stove is too close to the higher roof
next to it. Actually, it butts right up against it. I'm trying to
figure out how to fix this problem as economically as possible. Any
suggestions, other than ripping the stove out?

There are building codes about this. I believe, around here, distance
to the higher roof must be over 10 feet. If you put in stove and have
low pipe, maybe you can extend it. If you paid someone to do it, they
should have known better and owe you a repair.
Frank