Ecnerwal

Default Shop lighting

In article ,
Gary Coffman wrote:

I'm serious that you need a *lot* of lights to get good illumination
everywhere in the shop. The more you use, the happier you'll be
with the result.

This is an area I have not yet attacked (though I am painting the floor
white at the moment - a dirty white floor gives more light than a clean
grey one). Walls and ceiling will also be mostly white. One thing I'm
considering, in the light fixture line, are metal halide fixtures - not
great if you're popping in for 5 minutes (they take that long to fire
up, unless there have been great improvements since I last checked) but
they are very efficient, very bright, and throw the best color renditon
of any available lighting.

Also, at least one incandescent bulb lighting each piece of rotating
machinery is a reccomendation that sticks from my long-ago shop classes
- avoiding the 60-hz strobe effect (though they are very inefficient).