Posted to alt.home.repair
mm mm is offline

Default repairing leak in pressure washer handle?

On Wed, 20 Jun 2007 16:47:05 -0700, "
wrote:

I have a jobmate pressure washer which has developed a hairline crack
in the shaft just after the trigger handle. It sprays water and
therefore loses pressure when using it.

The crack is about 2" long and the handle is made of some sort of hard
plastic.

I was wondering about how to repair it?

I was considering a piece of metal rounded to fit the curvature of the
rod where it is cracked and then maybe JB weld and hose clamps.

Using the piece of metal, with the glue only above it and not below it
iiuc, seems to me likely to make it work less well.

Also PC70 might be stronger than JB weld. JB weld is too liquid.
With PC70 you can wrap a big piece all the way around the item. Make
sure everyting is dry, although were it not for the high water
pressure, PC70 will stick to wet surfaces, if it is kept there or
repeatedly pushed back on until it sets.

But I was then wondering if perhaps there is some sort of adhesive
which would actually dissolve and bond the two surfaces, or something
better than JB weld.

Any ideas on this one?

thanks!