Neil

Default Parts washers: Go cheap?

Thanks, that's exactly the kind of feedback I was hoping for. I don't
even know if I need a pump, maybe just a floorstanding bin or wash
basin and a stiff brush. Mainly it needs a lid to keep the stuff from
evaporating in between uses.

Maybe something used will show up on the wantadvertiser...

Neil

On Wed, 31 Mar 2004 02:16:11 -0500, Gary Coffman
wrote:

On Tue, 30 Mar 2004 22:58:59 -0500, Neil wrote:
I'm looking for a general purpose parts washer and see the usual HF
stuff, Enco etc. for approx 60 to 100 bucks. Has anyone out there
bought one of these, and do they work ok? I don't like buying junk
("If you buy junk, you own junk"), but I don't want to gild the lily
either.

I have one of the $69 ones. They're fine except that the pump
won't stand up to aggressive petroleum solvents, ie carb cleaner
and kerosene. If you use Simple Green or something like that,
it should last a long time. But if you use aggressive petroleum
solvents, you'll need a better pump.

Gary