Posted to alt.home.repair
Nancy Young Nancy Young is offline

Default Insulating a floor?

"Edwin Pawlowski" wrote

"Nancy Young" wrote in message

My question is this. What type of insulation would you
recommend? I was thinking some kind of spray. Is between
the joist batting, or that styrofoam product a better idea?

Whatever choice, I'm going to have someone come in and do
it, so my skills (lack thereof) don't come into it.

Lots of choices. Is the a usable space?

Not at all. I have to move the washing machine to get to
the 'door'.

If it is more of a crawlspace, you can use fiberglass bats between the
joists, you can use sheets of foam cut to size, or you can have it
sprayed. The spray will give the best sealant from air infiltration and
is quick and easy.

Quick and easy, that appeals to me. I'll call someone to do that.

nancy