Posted to alt.home.repair
Nancy Young Nancy Young is offline

Default Insulating a floor?

My house is a front to back split, so under the front third
of the house is a basement of sorts ... a concrete room maybe
4 feet high. I'm sure there is a name for that.

The floor above that space gets cold. Every year I say I'm
going to insulate it, and yet, here we are.

My question is this. What type of insulation would you
recommend? I was thinking some kind of spray. Is between
the joist batting, or that styrofoam product a better idea?

Whatever choice, I'm going to have someone come in and do
it, so my skills (lack thereof) don't come into it.

nancy