Posted to uk.d-i-y
Vass Vass is offline

Default Router door hindge recess?

"Pete C" wrote in message
oups.com...
On Jun 21, 12:28 pm, "Vass" wrote:
Can you use a router to make the recess for door

If just one door, I scribe out the hinge rebates, and use a 1/4"
router/bit to very carefully rout to about 1/8" in from the scribed
line, then finish off to the line with a sharp chisel.

I find it's best to go to rout 1/4" from the line then take off
another 1/8", the router is much more controllable freehand when
removing wood on only one side of the bit IYSWIM. Well worth a little
practice on some scrap.

What I like is the router does the rebate to the exact depth needed.
What I do sometimes is make a template for drilling /pilot/ holes for
the hinge screws, that I can drop in the hinge recess and drill
through.

all good, thanks Pete
--
Vass