Posted to alt.home.repair
RicodJour RicodJour is offline

Default Need help attaching baseboard molding to sheetrock

On Jun 20, 10:55 pm, crabshell wrote:
RicodJour wrote groups.com:

crabshell wrote:
Long story short, I need to attach baseboard molding to a sheetrock
wall. The problem: instead of having a 2x4 behind the drywall to nail
it into, there's concrete. So we're talking 1/2 inch drywall butted
up against solid concrete. I'd rather not use glue/silicone because
removing the baseboards some day would in theory destroy the wall
too. Any ideas?

Why would you have to remove the baseboards? In any event repairing
drywall is not big deal. If you're dead set on finding an
alternative, you could use an old method for attaching molding to
brick walls. Drill holes, insert wood dowel plugs, and nail into the
dowels.

Not a bad idea if it wasn't for having to go through the drywall to get to
the concrete. Talk about a lot of work. I think glue may be my only
friend here.

You can drill into concrete, but the drywall is stopping you? Say
what?

Just glue the stuff up and quit worrying about it. You're over-
thinking it.