Posted to alt.home.repair
RichK RichK is offline

Default Vinyl Spackling vs Joint Compaund

"benick" wrote in message

vinyl is fine for small "touch-ups" while painting.

That seems to be a consensus here. But the same can be done with joint
compound - so why would one ever use vinyl? Does it have any advantage,
such as fast drying etc. It puzzles me that there's a product costing more
than "mud" which has no benfites at all :-)

However what you need
is a gallon can of joint compound and a small piece of 1/2 inch drywall .
Both available at Home Depot. Cut the 2 inch hole out square. Cut a piece

of
drywall about 2 inchs bigger than hole on all 4 sides.

[snip]

Thanks for this great description. I finally visualized it. Heard it
somewhere before, but it was not clear to me how exactly it was done.
Thanks!

Regards,

RichK