Posted to alt.home.repair
RicodJour RicodJour is offline

Default How to mount door handles?

On Jun 20, 4:23 am, "MiamiCuse" wrote:
I am trying to figure out how I can mount a pair of door pulls onto an
alumninum framed glass door.

The door pull may look like this:

http://www.crlaurence.com/ProductPag...5-high.html?Or...

I think there is a screw that fastens the pull from the back side. So what
I can do is to drill a hole all the way through front and back, with the
back hole larger in size (to pass the entire screw through) and the front
hole smaller.

However, I would like to mount two handles - one on each side at the same
location.

How will I be able to mount both handles at the same time (unless it's
mounted from the front with a set screw but I don't think this is the case)?

I see this done with glass door all the time with handles on both sides, how
does the mounting work? I can see some sort of a threaded rod that goes
from one end to the other, but there is no way to tighten it since the
handle has two mounting hole (one on top one at bottom) so you can't turn
each handle to tighten...

There's a bolt-stud. The threaded end goes is inserted through the
hole in the door from the interior and into the exterior handle.
That's tightened up nice and snug. The interior end of the bold-stud
has a "knob" at the end with a tapered section inboard. The interior
handle has set screws that engage the taper. The tighter you crank
the set screws the tighter the interior handle pulls into the door as
it rides down the taper.