Posted to misc.consumers.house,alt.home.repair
Rick Blaine Rick Blaine is offline

Default Well Question

"Bob F" wrote:

My hose faucet running full blast puts out about 15 gal/minute.

Well, the houses will have outdoor taps, but are prohibited from doing any
irrigation. I suppose washing a vehicle could draw the amount you indicated.

No pressure tank? Does the pump run full time?

When water is being demanded, yes. Thought that was a little unusual but the
other houses in the development use the same arrangement with no problems.

Connecting the 2 pipes together before splitting to go 3 ways would
help assure that noone gets short-changed on water.

That was my first reaction, but now I'm not so sure.

If there is a problem, increasing the pump pressure should solve it.
(Bigger pump) I wouldn't expect it. Without watering usage, high
demands should be short lived. A pressure tank at your house could
solve that.

That's my backup plan if there's an issue. I'll just put a 1500 gal storage tank
near the house and draw from that.

--
"Tell me what I should do, Annie."
"Stay. Here. Forever." - Life On Mars