Posted to alt.home.repair
dadiOH dadiOH is offline

Default Sinking stoop

Meat Plow wrote:
On Wed, 20 Jun 2007 18:48:39 +0000, Phisherman wrote:

I have a 3x4' concrete stoop just under the side garage door.
Since 1992 it has been sinking. About 1997 I dug under it, used a
car jack, and put rocks underneath. It has been sinking and now
is 6" below were it was. I'd have to remove some landscaping to
repeat what I did in 1997. Is there an easier way? I can't be
sure if the land is sinking or the builder buried refuge that is
now decaying.

Probably not an easier way but the cheapest for sure.. The land
underneath obviously is sinking or you wouldn't be having a
problem.

Not necessarily...more likely it is being displaced laterally. For a
similar example, suppose you fill a bucket with small shot and then
push on the surface with the end of a 2x4...it goes down, shot comes
up/sideways.

--

dadiOH

dadiOH's dandies v3.06...