Posted to uk.d-i-y
Peter Ashby Peter Ashby is offline

Default Router door hindge recess?

Stuart Noble wrote:

Peter Ashby wrote:
Andy Hall wrote:

On 2007-06-21 12:28:31 +0100, "Vass" said:

Can you use a router to make the recess for door hindges on the door and
frame?
plus the door catch recess's
any links to jigs or methods
TIA
Yes.

Trend among others manufacture a jig

And our local B&Q warehouse stocks them. If you balk at the prices, a
piece of harboard, a saw and guide collar for the router (also at the
above B&Q) and you can make your own. Mind you for all that cost, time
and effort you could have done it with a chisel.

Peter

Pity you can't get hinges with rounded corners. Maybe you can these days

Instead you get those that look like half a biscuit and you use a
biscuit joiner to cut the slot. Don't look very strong to me. And of
course if they sold round cornered hinges nobody could sell those corner
chisels you hit with a hammer. Anyone would think chisels needed such
skill to use...

Peter
www.the-brights.net