Posted to uk.d-i-y
Lurch Lurch is offline

Default carpets

On Thu, 21 Jun 2007 11:31:16 +0100, "The Medway Handyman"
mused:

wrote:
On 21 Jun 2007 08:57:03 GMT, Adrian wrote:

Unfortunately the tenants smuggled a muddy dog in and
the estate agent tells me it stinks of dog and cannot be cleaned
out, so I need new carpets.

raises eyebrows
I'd have thought a bloody good shampooing should sort it, together
with a thorough airing.

I haven't been to look yet, as I've moved some distance away. The
agent sent some cleaners to steam the carpets but says it has not
worked.

I suspect they sent in some el cheapo cowboy. Any decent carpet cleaner
could sort out a doggy smell.

If the tennants 'smuggled' in a dog they are in breach of contract surely?

A contract that, like all other property rental agreements, isn't
worth the paper it's written on. If the estate agent has kept the
deposit then I'd be happy as usually the landlord is left with
nothing.
--
Regards,
Stuart.