Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default carpets

wrote:
On 21 Jun 2007 08:57:03 GMT, Adrian wrote:

Unfortunately the tenants smuggled a muddy dog in and
the estate agent tells me it stinks of dog and cannot be cleaned
out, so I need new carpets.

raises eyebrows
I'd have thought a bloody good shampooing should sort it, together
with a thorough airing.

I haven't been to look yet, as I've moved some distance away. The
agent sent some cleaners to steam the carpets but says it has not
worked.

I suspect they sent in some el cheapo cowboy. Any decent carpet cleaner
could sort out a doggy smell.

If the tennants 'smuggled' in a dog they are in breach of contract surely?

--
Dave
The Medway Handyman