Posted to uk.d-i-y
Thomarse Thomarse is offline

Default Strange ho****er problem

On Jun 21, 9:16 am, ":Jerry:" wrote:
"Thomarse" wrote in message

ups.com...

On Jun 20, 9:18 pm, ":Jerry:" wrote:
"raden" wrote in message

In message
ews.net,
":Jerry:" writes

snip

I really can't decide if this is a well crafted troll or an
example
of
being an utter clueless plonker - my money is on the former,
especially with a user name that includes the word 'arse'...

HE has actually posted on a number of occasions in the past

Well, what can I say...

Not alot evidently....people with not alot worth saying tend to not
say alot

Oh I *could* have said a lot (when I first read your message, a good
10 before I replied, I was well and truly ROFLMAO and incapable of
replying) but I thought I would be kind to you. Sorry but what sort of
cretin drains the water out of a boiler/system and then allows it to
fire up - did you not think it strange that there are not two heat
exchangers in your system, the one you've got (the DHW tank) and one
for the CH - how do you think the heat gets from the boiler to the
rads if it doesn't share the same water?!

Doing it yourself is all very well but it does help if one know
something about how the thing work first, hopefully you'll either not
work on truly safety critical things (like gas supplies or car braking
systems etc.) or will find out how they work before you jump in with
both feet...- Hide quoted text -

Jerry,

I do most jobs myslef around the house, including car repairs etc, but
that it needs explaining to somebody as small minded and up his own
backside as you!....

Perhaps my only mistake here was doing something before asking, but
the logic to me was that the hot water doesnt use the pump, which is
why I can use the imersion without worrying about running a pump on
empty... so if I had my controls set just to hot water to come on...
and the HEATING off, I assumed in my ignorance that the boiler would
heat the water, which would rise to the tank and then be used...
Obviously I was wrong, which was why I asked the question on here,
after realising my mistake...I dont claim to know jack sh*t about
heating systems, but I feel "safe" enough to do teh odd bit of
plumbing here and there...and for the rest I ask...

When doing things on a small budget with a toddler running around, its
not always easy to make the right decisions... But seeing as no damage
has been done and I got what I needed to know from people in the forum
who are a little bit more in the know than you..I'd say that your
comments are just a complete waste of time and obviously you like to
gripe at other peoples lack of knowledge in some areas..perhaps due to
a chip on your shoulder about your own lack of knowledge in other
areas..Perhaps heating is the only thing you know anything about, Who
knows.. pathetic though really...

If this forum was full of people who knew everything, that would kind
of defeat the object of it! I just hope for your sake that when you
require help or advice from someone that they dont treat you with the
same disregard you treated my request

maybe you should join the grumpy OLD men forum...

Anyway, I have better things to do than argue the toss with someone as
irrelevant as you.