Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Arfa Daily Arfa Daily is offline

Default Where to buy brass screws (for soldering)

"DaveM" wrote in message
. ..
"JB" wrote in message
m...

I've heard by many that brass screws are good for soldering. In fact a
friend
of mine is currently using them for soldering, in a project of his. He
uses
larger screws than I'm looking for. I need very small ones. So is there
good online source out there for various sized brass screws (not just
large
ones) or other types that can be used with solder?

Thanks,

Jeff

McMaster-Carr (http://www.mcmaster.com) is a great source of standard and
exotic materials of all kinds. They list brass machine screws from
000-120 to 1/2-13. The usual quantity is a package of 25. Surely you can
find something useful in that range.

--
Dave M
MasonDG44 at comcast dot net (Just substitute the appropriate characters

Life is like a roll of toilet paper; the closer to the end, the faster it
goes.

Oh Dave ! ... What have you done to me ? I always read the bits on the ends
of your posts, but this one has created an image that will stay with me, now
that I'm at the point of thinking that I better start hunting in the
cupboard for a new roll .... !!

Arfa