Posted to rec.woodworking
charlieb charlieb is offline

Default Festool TS-55 or Festool TS-75 Plunge Cut Saw

For sheet goods - and cutting down doors - the TS-55 would do the job
and comes with Festools edge guide. Add their accessory equivalent
of a miter gauge and you can not only cut a nice straight edge, but
have is square to the edge you set the miter gauge against.

As for the Eurekazone straight edge system, I semi-agonized over getting
their set up - the two 4+ footers and the joining accessory to permit
ripping 4x8 sheets lengthwise AND their Square attachment - or the
Festool TS55 and the guide that comes with it PLUS the angle attachment
and an extension to allow for 8' rips. Went with the Eurekazone - and
have some buyer's remorse. The guides are nice and wide, pretty rigid
- but HEAVY relative to the Festool guide. I also thought the
Eurekazone's
replacable plastic edges for making a zero clearance edge was as good
as Festools replacable equivalent. But the EZ plastic is pretty thin
and brittle - easily damaged, given the weight of the guide itself. Now
wish I'd gone the Festool route, but the EZ works as advertised.

I got the Festool CT22 "dust extractor" at a combo price with their
saber saw - and it a) keeps chips and sawdust from getting away
and b) keeps the cut area nice and visible instead of surrounded
by chips and dust. Not absolutely necessary with the saber saw,
but is, more or less, with the DOMINO. And, like Goldy Locks &
The Three Bears, the CT22 is not to large, not too small, but
just right -and part of the Festool "system". something no other
tool manufacturer seems to be even thinking about.

charlie b