Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Need help attaching baseboard molding to sheetrock

"RicodJour" wrote in message

Maybe we're talking at cross purposes. I don't install 3" ranch for
baseboard. I build three piece baseboards. New stuff is typically
1x6, and old stuff around here is frequently 1x8, plus trim. If
you're talking the small stuff, hell pull it all out and toss it.
Can't do that economically with the big stuff.

BTW, Edwin, if you ever saw my work I strongly doubt you'd be kicking
anything but a beer back with me after the day was over. You bring
the sausage and ribs, I have a killer grill.

OK, we're talking apples and oranges. With quality baseboard built up as
you do, that is possible. I forgot there is still some houses built the
"right" way. With the typical baseboard molding used today, with no shoe,
then yes, it has to be removed.