Ivan Vegvary

Default Shop lighting

Brad, I use second hand commercial fixtures. Try to find 4 footers, they
have less hum than the 8 foot tubes.
ALSO, I have one overhead light bulb to get me into the shop. From that
point on I only turn on the fixtures near my work area. All of my fixtures
hang on chains from the ceiling and can be relocated if I move my machinery.
All of my fixtures also have had a chain pull installed (about a dollar each
at the hardware store) and I simply pull as many chains as I want. Very
flexible, non committal and inexpensive.

Ivan Vegvary

"James B. Millard" wrote in message
I'm having a small shop built and am getting close to having to decide

what
I'm going to do for lighting. the shop is 14'x18' and will house a
workbench a small lathe and mill and whatever else I accumulate...

I was thinking about flourescent lighting but I don't really have any idea
how much or exactly what optimum placement is.

Anybody have any ideas?

Thanks!

Brad

Brad Millard On-line ballistics for small arms...
www.eskimo.com/~jbm