Posted to alt.home.repair
crabshell crabshell is offline

Default Need help attaching baseboard molding to sheetrock

Smitty Two wrote in
news
In article ,
crabshell wrote:

Long story short, I need to attach baseboard molding to a sheetrock
wall. The problem: instead of having a 2x4 behind the drywall to
nail it into, there's concrete. So we're talking 1/2 inch drywall
butted up against solid concrete. I'd rather not use glue/silicone
because removing the baseboards some day would in theory destroy the
wall too. Any ideas?

Thanks,
crabshell

What about cutting the bottom inch or two off the drywall and gluing
on a wood furring strip in its place? Then you can screw or nail your
baseboard to wood, and R & R it as often as you want.

Interesting idea. Sounds imprecise, messy, and generally more trouble than
it's worth however.