Posted to alt.home.repair
H H is offline

Default Unusual event

Both breakers are working perfectly.

"RBM" rbm2(remove wrote in message
It sounds like you lost one pole of each double pole breaker. Just loosing
11 volts wouldn't stop it from working. If you lost one pole of each of
those breakers you probably lost one leg of the main breaker or the entire
service. In a modern breaker panel, there is pretty much no way to loose
one leg of just two breakers

"H" wrote in message
In my breaker box, I have two 40A breakers side by side. One is for the
A/C, one is for the electric dryer.

Seemingly simultaneously, both of them experienced a loss of power
(around 11V) on one leg. Thus, neither the dryer nor a/c work.

Can anyone imagine how this could happen, seemingly simultaneously?