John Stumbles

Default B&Q PPPro cordless 4-pack - any good?

"Rick Hughes" wrote in message
---8---
"John Stumbles" ] wrote:

Just seen the new(?) B&Q Performance Power Pro 18V cordless set: combi
drill, circular saw, jigsaw and torch with 3 batteries and what looks

like a
proper fast charger rather than the rubbish the previous set had.

£150.
Anyone tried it? Is it any good (apart from hammer action on the drill

which
I wouldn't expect to be worth the candle).

---8---

I can vouch for the 18V drill ... my father bought the drill .. then a
couple of weeks later bought the triple set and donated me the drill.

It is VERY good, lots of torque, have now retired my DeWalt.

I'm a bit disappointed with the speed control: as one squeezes the trigger
further it increases smoothly then suddenly jumps to maximum. No problem for
drilling but pants for driving. The jigsaw has the same behaviour but it's
not a problem. I guess the motor speed control is just not capable of going
up to maximum so they bypass it with a switch for full power.

It's something I can live with since my Site (Ryobi rebadge for B&Q) does
the business for driving very nicely, but I wouldn't want it to be my only
drill/driver.

--
John Stumbles