Gary Coffman

Default Run caps?

On 30 Mar 2004 23:20:56 -0500, (DoN. Nichols) wrote:
In article ,
Gary Coffman wrote:
On 28 Mar 2004 00:00:38 -0500,
(DoN. Nichols) wrote:
There are some which *are* truly differential -- but they use
two BNCs for a single channel of differential input, and have a
long-range offset adjustment to allow you to tune out DC offsets.

Or in the case of the differential plugins I have, two banana
jacks per channel.

Older ones -- fully tube-based, I suspect.

Yes indeed, designed to fit the 545.

Unfortunately, one of the nicest has an interesting plastic
gear inside to couple a switch to the knob on the front panel, and the
plastic has gotten brittle over time. I've seen two of those with the

[ ... ]

Dean Kidd is about the best source for obsolete Tek parts.

Thanks! I've found a snail-mail address for him with a Google
search, so I'll be trying to contact him soon.

Dean was in charge of designing the 453A, the best scope Tek ever
made (I have 3 of them). He bought the entire set of spares for it
when he retired. He also got parts for other models as Tek was
emptying the warehouse. If anyone has the part you need, or at
least has the best chance of knowing where to get it, he's the guy.

Gary