Posted to rec.woodworking
Leon Leon is offline

Default Festool TS-55 or Festool TS-75 Plunge Cut Saw

wrote in message
ups.com...
I'm about to throw a bunch of money into the Festool Plunge Cut Saw,
simply because I cut alot of plywood and I cut off doors onsite. A
panel saw setup just isn't portable and it's too spendy. I've seen
this bad boy in action and it looks like it's exactly what I need. I'd
like to know if there is any real advantage to getting the heavy duty
TS-75 Model if I'm only cutting plywood and an occasional hollow or
solid core door. Should I pay the extra $120 for the TS-75 or should I
buy the TS-55 and spend the $120 on accessories for the system? I'd
really like to hear your opinions. There hasn't been alot of
discussion online about this tool.

Decisions, decisions. The smaller of the two will "almost" cut 2" deep at
90 degrees using the guide rail. The guide rail is as much a part of the
features as anything.

The larger of the two will cut to 2 3/4" with the guide.

Will it be important to be able to cut thicker than 1 15/16" deep?

I'd go with the smaller one if it will satisfy your depth cutting needs.

The larger one is 36% heavier than the smaller one.

Something to also consider, you can easily cut doors on site "inside" with
out making a mess if you add the Festool vacuum to the order. If you are
carrying the doors outdoors to make the cuts this may be a major advantage.
There is a slight break in price if purchased together. I use the Festool
Vacuum with the Domino and no dust gets away.