Posted to alt.home.repair
Steve Steve is offline

Default Lube etc old ceiling fan?

Puddin' Man wrote on 19 Jun 2007 in group
alt.home.repair:

Lube etc old ceiling fan?

I've gotta 24+ year old ceiling fan with a couple light fixtures
attached under the fan.

The fan is making a nasty little grinding noise.

Is it worth it to dissemble (likely a PITA) the fan/lites to
recondition, lube, etc the fan? I've not fiddled any
ceiling fans.

It looks to be a long, hot summer.

TIA,
Puddin'

Whatever you do, go easy on the oil. My father-in-law oiled the fan in
his living room, then spent more than FIVE YEARS wiping drops of oil off
the bottom of the light fixture every few weeks, though it slowed down
to every few months toward the end. I always wondered how many cans of
oil he used on one fan....

--
Steve B.
New Life Home Improvement