Posted to alt.home.repair
dpb dpb is offline

Default How to pay contractor, who to make check out to?

RicodJour wrote:
On Jun 20, 3:26 pm, dpb wrote:
Cheri wrote:
Phisherman wrote in message
Make it payable to their request. A lot of businesses have checks
made out to the owner. Dentist is one example. More power to them
if they can avoid taxes and never get caught.
I never made a check out to a dentist that I didn't put Dr. on it.

That's because that's how most individual dentists list themselves
professionally and do business under that name. At one time I went to a
consortium and they collected all payments under the name of the consortium.

Let's flip this around. I'm sure you've received checks from
customers/clients/friends that were drawn on their business' account,
and whatever the transaction was, it wasn't a "real" business
expense. Do you refuse the check? Do you get all huffy because
they're looking for a deduction?

I fail to see the connection to the situation to which I responded to
Cheri w/ the subject of "receiving" vis a vis "writing" but so be it.

You may be "sure" that has happened, but I honestly can't think of an
occasion/incident.

Don't know why you're so intent on riding me on this unless it's to
assuage your own conscience, but I stated what I would do on the
question of _writing_ the check and my reasons therefore.

That we have a difference of opinion seems apparent and further jousting
pointless (and futile)...