Posted to alt.home.repair
Smitty Two Smitty Two is offline

Default Need help attaching baseboard molding to sheetrock

In article ,
crabshell wrote:

Long story short, I need to attach baseboard molding to a sheetrock wall.
The problem: instead of having a 2x4 behind the drywall to nail it into,
there's concrete. So we're talking 1/2 inch drywall butted up against
solid concrete. I'd rather not use glue/silicone because removing the
baseboards some day would in theory destroy the wall too. Any ideas?

Thanks,
crabshell

What about cutting the bottom inch or two off the drywall and gluing on
a wood furring strip in its place? Then you can screw or nail your
baseboard to wood, and R & R it as often as you want.