Posted to rec.woodworking
James \Cubby\ Culbertson James \Cubby\ Culbertson is offline

Default Better way to approach this--floor transitions?

"Hoosierpopi" wrote in message
ups.com...
On Jun 19, 2:13 pm, "James \"Cubby\" Culbertson"
wrote:

I had planned to do was to fashion a transition out of hard maple

THe folks who make laminate flooring offer transition strips tha come
with a cleat yu fasten to the flooring and use to clip in/secure the
transition strip.

Similar to:
http://www.ifloor.com/item_338613/la...ith-track.html

Just a thought, but the come in a million finises and are available at
Lowes, HD, Flooring Outlets, Online, etc.

No visible faseners. Secure (doesn't pop out) and prefinished.

Thanks. RayV mentioned something similar above in the thread. The problem
I have with these is I would have to modify them to the extent that I'm
thinking I should just make my own. I will definitely keep these in mind
as I progress however if my "homemade" versions are not turning out well!
Cheers,
cc