Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Tar on slates.

Cicero wrote:
On Wed, 20 Jun 2007 09:52:31 -0700, Rick wrote:

We have 600+ roof slates, with patches of tar on them. We can get most off
with a scraper, but have some stubbon bits. Any ideas how I can get 400 of
them clean?

I am happy to loose some on the way.

I have tried heating the tar, by the time it comes off, the slate is
popping, and bits are firing at me.

Thanks
Rick

Petrol or paraffin used as a solvent should work. Try a few slates to see
how well it works before committing yourself to buying a 45 gallon drum of
paraffin.

Cic.

Industrial cleaning plant? dry cleaners?