Posted to alt.home.repair
Phisherman Phisherman is offline

Default Lube etc old ceiling fan?

On Tue, 19 Jun 2007 21:57:05 -0500, Puddin' Man
wrote:

Lube etc old ceiling fan?

I've gotta 24+ year old ceiling fan with a couple light fixtures
attached under the fan.

The fan is making a nasty little grinding noise.

Is it worth it to dissemble (likely a PITA) the fan/lites to
recondition, lube, etc the fan? I've not fiddled any
ceiling fans.

It looks to be a long, hot summer.

TIA,
Puddin'

"Mit der Dummheit kaempfen Goetter selbst vergebens!"
-Friedrich Schiller

I'd replace it. Perhaps you can lube it and wait until August when
there are drastic reductions on ceiling fans. I bought one at Home
Depot for $11 and it has been running fine for 6 years.