Posted to alt.home.repair
Ook Ook is offline

Default Sand in pump - how bad is this?

I missed that -- Sounds like maybe you're right. That's a type of well
I've no experience in and like said, hard to imagine (even though I know
it is so ) of water being so shallow...

--

When we bought the house, we noticed a sump pump in the basement. I
thought that was odd. The following winter was especially wet, and the

http://zootal.no-ip.info/stuff/2006/...ood/index.html

I talked to some of the old timers around here, and they all tell
about how this happens every ten years. Last spring, after the rain,
the water in my well was at about 7 feet, where right now it's at
about 10 feet. I'll be taking soundings throughout the summer to see
how it drops. We are close to a couple of rivers, and I believe the
aquifer is quite large. We pump and pump and pump with no noticeable
effect, as do the farmers and neighbors. But we are on old river
bottom, so the foundation is on rock and fairly solid, otherwise the
entire city would sink into the mud lol.