Posted to sci.electronics.repair
UCLAN UCLAN is offline

Default NiCad Battery Question

**THE-RFI-EMI-GUY** wrote:

It doesn't pose a problem to use a higher mah hour rating, in fact it
will run longer. I just got a new solar pool lamp, and the
instructions for it say as much. Additionally mine says to charge for
two days before using to get the battery fully charged. What this
means is that I have to bring it in at night and put under a lamp so
that it doesn't run all night. I would expect that if I put a battery
with twice the capacity, I probably should charge for 4 days .

Simply charge it first in an external charger. Problem solved.

--
GO ALINGHI! Beat the Kiwis.